Defunding Planned Parenthood and Women's Health Care Access
There is a lot of controversy around abortion and Planned Parenthood. I have strong views on abortion, so I understand the controversy. However, it seems that leadership somewhere in our society is intentionally associating things that could be separated in order to create controversy, conflict, and deception.
Pro-life people appear to see the this issue like this:
murder = evil
abortion = murder
Planned Parenthood = abortion
Planned Parenthood = evil
Planned Parenthood advocates generally direct debate with these points:
- Yes, Planned Parenthood gets federal funding, but the money does not go to abortions.
- Planned Parenthood does so much more than abortions, if you defund them or kick them out of a community, then women's health / care will decline in that community.
- .. and some other points which focus on the moral and legal areas of abortion, but I will focus on the previous two points for this post.
If I was the director of Planned Parenthood, here is what I would do:
- Immediately form two companies: one called Planned Parenthood that offers all the less controversial services that actually help communities. The other company would have a different name and would only offer controversial services like abortion.
- Request that all federal funding be directed to the new company called Planned Parenthood, that offers no controversial services.
- This way the claim that "Federal dollars do not pay for abortions" would actually be true and easy to check.
Note: This article should be construed to mean that I support planned parenthood or any of the horrible actions they have done. If any crimes were committed, then perpetrators should face consequences. Even if no crimes were committed I do not support abortion.
About My Views
I am pro-life. For more information on my views regarding abortion see my other post:
Post a Comment